Friday 24 February 2012

Self Promotion

Reference


Photography




For the self promotion brief I went back to a place that inspires me the most, Portshepstone rural areas. I took photographs with not much direction but intuition was what really led my way. It was when I came back home to Durban that the idea was sparked when I asked “Could you please pass the salt?” It was the boy chasing the chicken on the Cerebos container where my concept was born. The whole concept is inspired by the image that has been in our homes for so long and that is the Cerebos Salt image of a boy chasing a chicken. I went with the tag line “Chase a dream and make it a reality”. I used a boy playing with a wheel because a child’s imagination runs wild and they chase dreams. When children play they imagine so many things and they make it reality by action by playing. I played around with that image and incorporated it with my concept. What i am trying to say is that the client will come to me with their vision(concept) and I make it a reality through design.

I chose to do my own font and illustration. I was inspired by David Foldvari’s way of illustration.

Font Illustration




Final Font Illustration


Illustration


Font & Boy




Logo Construction




Final Logo





Corporate Identity


Promotional Items






No comments:

Post a Comment